Borussia Dortmund announces the absence for several months of Sébastien Haller

Borussia Dortmund announces the absence for several months of Sébastien Haller

What happens after this announcement?

The news fell like a thunderbolt. On 18 July, less than two weeks after his €30 million transfer from Ajax, Sébastien Haller was diagnosed with a testicular tumor during medical check-ups. Very bad news for the man, forced to stop his career to heal, and for his club, whose shock must be difficult to bear.

Quickly treated, the striker underwent surgery earlier in the week and all went well, BvB sporting director Sebastian Kehl confirmed. But today, the German club brings news that is far from reassuring. It is a malignant tumor, therefore more difficult to treat because it can develop unlike a benign tumor. The player has to go through chemotherapy.

Haller absent for several months

“Sébastien Haller (28) will be absent from Borussia Dortmund for a few months. Histological findings revealed a malignant testicular tumor. Therefore, Haller must undergo chemotherapy treatment., says the press release published on social networks this Saturday. The Ruhr club still wants to reassure everyone despite this bad news. The player is fine and has a good chance of being treated.

“Sébastien will receive the best possible treatment. The chances of recovery are very good. We wish him and his family much strength and optimism. Our thoughts are with him during this difficult time.” said Sebastian Kehl in the same press release. “We ask the media and fans to understand that we will not release any medical details about Sebastien Haller’s treatment.”

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.